Written by a contributing writer
If you’re already planning what to do on your next big vacation, how about you go on an epic once in a lifetime adventure? If you’re the adventurous type, then typical vacations of laying down at the beach with a cocktail in your hand will definitely not do it for you. You would want something more thrilling, something that would get your adrenaline pumping right?
The good news is that there’s so much the world has to offer for those people with a thirst for adventure. Whether you want the adventure on land or under the sea, there will be something that can satisfy your thirst for something different. Check out some of the places you can go and things you can do below.
1. Swim with sharks in South Africa – sure there tours that let you get closer to whale sharks, which are not man-eating and is considered a friendly giant, but if you want the thrill of danger, go on a cage diving tour in South Africa. If you don’t consider yourself a daredevil yet and cannot swim without cages, this is the perfect tour for you. You will get to see one of nature’s most majestic, not to mention dangerous, creatures – the great white shark.
2. Trek the world’s highest peaks - if you’re looking for the most scenic and beautiful mountains, there’s probably nothing that can come close the majesty of the Himalayas. You will not only appreciate Mt. Everest, the highest peak in the world, but also the small mountain villages all over the place. The key to a great adventure in the Himalayas is that you get experts to guide you through the area. If you’re thinking of going on this adventure, get more information over at www.kandooadventures.com. They can definitely take you on the adventure of your life at the Himalayas.
3. Whitewater rafting - for those who want to ease their way into being an adventurer, you can try white water rafting first. While there are areas that are highly dangerous given the kind of rapids they have, you can try to look for some that are perfect for beginners and even families if you want to bring your kids with you. From there, you can level up and discover the more dangerous and popular routes, such as the Great Zambezi River in Zimbabwe.
4. Discover the rainforests of Costa Rica – if you want a break from mountain or water scenery, why not go on an epic adventure through the rainforests of Costa Rica? This is perfect especially for those who truly enjoy appreciating the many animals and plants that nature has to offer. You’ll see wonders such as rivers filled with crocodiles and rare orchids and birds. A trip like this should be experienced by every person at least once in their lifetime.
5. Hang Gliding at Rio De Janeiro - if you’re not the type to be deterred by heights, hang gliding from the Pedra Bonita is definitely a sight to behold. You’ll get to appreciate the Sugarloaf Mountains while traveling to the beach for your landing. Don’t forget to look for the famous Christ the Redeemer statue while enjoying the sights of Brazil!